New Product Execution
At PRS IN VIVO, we know that far too many promising new product concepts fail at the execution stage, when they have to differentiate at shelf – and to meet consumer’s expectations to drive re-purchase.
For this reason, we focus primarily on the execution of new products (via packaging, retail presentation and product delivery), by answering the following questions:
- Which Package Best Converts Your Concept into a Successful New Product?
- Where Should the New Product Be Shelved to Maximize Visibility and Trial?
- Is an Investment in In-Store Signage Likely to Drive a Positive Return?
- How Much Does this Innovation Cannibalize Existing SKUs – and Will It Grow the Category?
- Does the Product Delivery Match Expectations Created by the Packaging?
- What is the Likely In-Market Potential for this Innovation?
Our online and in-person methods all begin with the shopping experience to gauge visibility, differentiation and trial. And when possible, we link on-shelf performance to product delivery, in order to gauge satisfaction and ultimately to forecast sales.
Our “on-shelf” methods drive higher success rates for innovations – and they have been validated as predictive of in-market performance.
“Consumers don’t buy concepts or strategies. All they see is the execution.”
– AG Lafley, former CEO, Procter & Gamble
Please click here to learn more about our philosophy and insights regarding New Product research (“Thinking from the Outside In”).