The Duty Free market is large (nearly $50 billion) and growing quickly (at nearly 10% per year), fueled by the rising disposable income of the young Chinese travelers.
With this opportunity in mind, PRS IN VIVO has recently conducted studies at over a dozen global airports, using a combination of web-based logs and observation (via mobile eye-tracking) to better understand the Duty Free shopping experience. These studies revealed:
- The cultural and logistical challenges unique to the Duty Free channel
- The key differences in mindset and opportunity by gender and across nationalities (Asian, Middle Eastern, European, American)
- Effective strategies for influencing shoppers at the pre-planning stage
- Best practices (and common mistakes) for driving engagement, facilitating shopping and closing sale in travel retail
- Case studies of using behavioral economics levers to influence duty free shoppers
To learn more and access our recent webinar on Duty Free shopping, please contact Gail Ng.