Ben & Jerry’s wanted to introduce a new line of non-dairy frozen desserts;
the pack was designed to leverage the brand's fun personality, creative flavors
and strong appetite appeal.
What did we do?
- PRS IN VIVO On-Shelf Evaluation was conducted to understand the packs’ ability to get seen on shelf, be quickly and clearly understood as non-dairy, and ultimately drive trial.
What did we learn?
- The proposed design system met all pre-established action standards including attracting attention at shelf, highlighting the non-dairy proposition, creating favorable taste impressions, and inspiring shoppers to try the new product.
- The proposed design was approved and recommended to enter into market.
How's it doing now?
- After only one year in market, Ben & Jerry’s became the second-largest player in non-dairy ice cream.
- Now, their non-dairy offering comprises 20% of Ben & Jerry’s offerings.