Nestle: New Product Execution
August 22, 2016
- Nestle (France) planned to introduce a new ready-to-bake dessert product capitalizing on its leadership in the chocolate morsel category.
- PRS IN VIVO used web-based screening to narrow the initial range of packaging options
- Our in-person qualitative and quantitative Retail Lab research measured visibility, differentiation and trial from shelf
- and provided guidance for optimization of pack, product range and pricing.
- The Retail Lab study was linked to product testing, to ensure that the recipe matched expectations (created by the pack)
- The results were an integral part of the full volume forecast for this launch.
- The combination of insights led to an effective package (which achieved high visibility, shop-ability and differentiation on shelf)
- The in-market a very launch was highly successful – as accurately predicted by our volume forecast (within 5% of actual in-market sales).